- Dr. Ingrid Semaan awarded Student Group Faculty Advisor of the Year for the Stamford Campus
Dr. Semaan, the Director of Women’s Studies in Stamford published two articles, one in Women’s Studies Quarterly and a second in Violence Against Women. Continue »
- Dr. Françoise Dussart receives 2012 mentoring award
Dr. Françoise Dussart, Professor of Anthropology and Women’s Studies at the University of Connecticut, has been named 2012 “Faculty Mentor of the Year” by the Institute on Teaching and Mentoring, a nonprofit educational organization funded by the National Science Foundation, National Institute of Health, and the Gates Foundation. Continue »
Faculty and students in the WGSS Program explore the construction of women, gender, and sexuality in different social, cultural, political, economic, aesthetic, and historical contexts by combining methods and insights of traditional academic disciplines with innovations in interdisciplinary feminist scholarship.
The mission of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Connecticut
- to transform scholarship in existing academic disciplines by incorporating the study, contributions, and feminist analysis of gender and sexuality;
- to create a new body of interdisciplinary feminist research and teaching that concentrates on women, gender, sexuality; and
- to build a supportive and critical scholarly community that advances our understanding of the construction, reproduction, and resistance to inequality.