- Dr. Clare Eby publishes new book
Dr. Clare Eby’s book, Until Choice Do Us Part: Marriage Reform in the Progressive Era, was published in January 2014. Continue »
- Dr. Boylan published two articles in 2012
Professor Boylan published two articles this year: “The Permanent Tourist: Alfred Hutty and Modernism,” an essay in the catalogue The Life and Art of Alfred Hutty: Woodstock to Charleston… Continue »
Faculty and students in the WGSS Program explore the construction of women, gender, and sexuality in different social, cultural, political, economic, aesthetic, and historical contexts by combining methods and insights of traditional academic disciplines with innovations in interdisciplinary feminist scholarship.
The mission of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Connecticut
- to transform scholarship in existing academic disciplines by incorporating the study, contributions, and feminist analysis of gender and sexuality;
- to create a new body of interdisciplinary feminist research and teaching that concentrates on women, gender, sexuality; and
- to build a supportive and critical scholarly community that advances our understanding of the construction, reproduction, and resistance to inequality.