- ∞ No existing events in sight
- Dr. Barbara Gurr recognized for excellence in teaching
In 2014 Dr. Barbara Gurr was recognized for excellence in teaching by the University of Connecticut. Continue »
- Dr. Ingrid Semaan awarded Student Group Faculty Advisor of the Year for the Stamford Campus
Dr. Semaan, the Director of Women’s Studies in Stamford published two articles, one in Women’s Studies Quarterly and a second in Violence Against Women. Continue »
Faculty and students in the WGSS Program explore the construction of women, gender, and sexuality in different social, cultural, political, economic, aesthetic, and historical contexts by combining methods and insights of traditional academic disciplines with innovations in interdisciplinary feminist scholarship.
The mission of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Connecticut
- to transform scholarship in existing academic disciplines by incorporating the study, contributions, and feminist analysis of gender and sexuality;
- to create a new body of interdisciplinary feminist research and teaching that concentrates on women, gender, sexuality; and
- to build a supportive and critical scholarly community that advances our understanding of the construction, reproduction, and resistance to inequality.