- Nancy A. Naples, Named Distiguished Professor by UConn Board of Trustees
Dr. Nancy Naples has been appointed as a UConn Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor, a great recognition of her work. Please see article in UCONN Today
- Dr. Alexis Boylan awarded Rockwell Center Fellowship
Dr. Alexis L. Boylan, Assistant Professor in Art History and WGSS, was awarded a Rockwell Center Fellowship for summer 2014 for her project about Everett Shinn and his book illustrations. Continue »
Faculty and students in the WGSS Program explore the construction of women, gender, and sexuality in different social, cultural, political, economic, aesthetic, and historical contexts by combining methods and insights of traditional academic disciplines with innovations in interdisciplinary feminist scholarship.
The mission of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Connecticut
- to transform scholarship in existing academic disciplines by incorporating the study, contributions, and feminist analysis of gender and sexuality;
- to create a new body of interdisciplinary feminist research and teaching that concentrates on women, gender, sexuality; and
- to build a supportive and critical scholarly community that advances our understanding of the construction, reproduction, and resistance to inequality.