- ∞ No existing events in sight
- Heather M. Turcotte article in The Feminist Wire written with Tamara L. Spira
Tamara L. Spira and Heather M. Turcotte, “Toward a Feminist Politics of De-Criminalization and Abolition: Why We Support Dr. Mireille Miller-Young,” The Feminist Wire, 22 March 2014.
- Nancy A. Naples, Named Distiguished Professor by UConn Board of Trustees
Dr. Nancy Naples has been appointed as a UConn Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor, a great recognition of her work. Please see article in UCONN Today
Faculty and students in the WGSS Program explore the construction of women, gender, and sexuality in different social, cultural, political, economic, aesthetic, and historical contexts by combining methods and insights of traditional academic disciplines with innovations in interdisciplinary feminist scholarship.
The mission of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Connecticut
- to transform scholarship in existing academic disciplines by incorporating the study, contributions, and feminist analysis of gender and sexuality;
- to create a new body of interdisciplinary feminist research and teaching that concentrates on women, gender, sexuality; and
- to build a supportive and critical scholarly community that advances our understanding of the construction, reproduction, and resistance to inequality.